Door knocking for a Better Future in Eden-Monaro
A 100 volunteers will be participating in the largest ever door knocking event in the federal seat of Eden-Monaro onSunday 13 September, 2015, focused in Queanbeyan.
Coordinated by UnionsACT, teachers, nurses, public servants, fire fighters, students and retirees will come together under the banner of “Build A Better Future” to talk with local residents about their concerns for the direction of our country under the Abbott Government.
UnionsACT’s doorknocking effort is part of Australian Unions biggest ever national door knock taking place on the weekend of 12 and 13 September in 25 key marginal seats that will determine the outcome of the next Federal Election.
For pictures, interviews or footage on the day:
TIME: 10:30 Sunday 13 September 2015
PLACE: Jerrabomberra Community Centre, The Parkway, Jerrabomberra
WHO: Alex White, Secretary, UnionsACT & 100 volunteers
Volunteers are gathering at the Jerrabomberra Community Centre from 10am for a briefing and will commence door knocking from 11am to 1pm.
Details: RSVP and other details here.
Australian Union’s campaign, Build A Better Future is focused on the following six points:
- Workers Rights – protecting wages, conditions including penalty rates, and campaigning for secure jobs;
- Defending Medicare – protecting Medicare, stopping new fees for visiting the doctor and properly funding hospitals;
- Highest Quality Education – restoring funding to schools, TAFE and ensuring we never have $100,000 university fees;
- Public ownership of public services – proper funding to make them work, ending privatisation which has brought job cuts, higher prices and helped only the companies running them;
- A Secure Retirement – decent pensions and superannuation;
- A Fair Go For All – supporting our industries generating skilled jobs, making multinationals and the wealthy pay fair taxes.